Newry Couple’s Water Bed Burst After Sexual Escapade

waterbed

A Newry couple whose water bed burst during a moment of passion are taking legal action for damages.

Aidan and Michelle Patton, of Derrybeg, fell through their bedroom ceiling onto the kitchen table below when the bed suddenly “exploded”.

Thousands of gallons of water poured into the kitchen, blowing all the electricity circuits with a terrifying bang.




The drama was heard by passing postman Ciaran O’Hare, who looked through the kitchen window to see if anyone was hurt.

He saw Mrs Patton, laying naked across the table with her husband, slumped over her wearing a Gimp Mask. The shocked postman is now off work for counselling.

Luckily the Patton’s were unhurt, but they are now suing water bed maker Newry Beds for damages.

Mr Patton said: “We only got the bed on Saturday and made sure we followed the assembly instructions to the letter.

This morning we woke up and had a cuddle. One thing led to another, and just at the worst moment the bed burst.

“I like to think I can make the earth move, but this was ridiculous.”




The couple are suing for thousands of pounds for repairs to the kitchen ceiling, redecorating, and their semi-detached house’s electrics.

They are also seeking damages for the emotional stress they suffered when the postmen saw them spread-eagled naked on the kitchen table.

A spokesman for Newry Beds said: “Our engineers are investigating. However, we believe the customers overfilled the bed.”

Asked if he was confident the company would win a court battle, he said: “We’re quite buoyant.”

 

Help Support Running Costs & ‘Buy Newry Spud A Pint’